Description du poste
(Based in Abidjan)
(Position open to Ivorian only)
We are looking for a Training Coordinator (Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire)
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With over 50 years of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
About the Project
Prosper Cashew is a five-year, $26 million project funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture under the Food for Progress Program that aims to catalyze investment for the West African cashew processing sector. Over the next five years, the project will strengthen and revive existing cashew processing facilities across Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, and Nigeria and support the development of new processing facilities and other value chain enterprises as part of the project’s overall goal to increase the share of raw cashew nut that is processed in the region from about 8% to 50%. Over five years, Prosper Cashew will improve the capacity of 60 processing units who source cashews from approximately 34,000 farmers, facilitate $497 million of investment in the cashew sector, and generate $1.5 billion in cashew kernel sales. The project expects to create more than 26,000 new jobs (at least 50% for women) and indirectly benefit more than 133,000 women, men, and children in West Africa.
A key component of the project will be to strengthen and increase commercially viable cashew enterprises through technical support. The project will build processor capacity in business management, financial management, investment facilitation, HR and workforce management, marketing, and supply chain development. It will also identify and address specific constraints related to particular sections of cashew processing (raw cashew nut drying, warehousing, calibration, steam cooking, shelling, oven drying, peeling, grading, fumigation, packing, and storage) and provide support to processors to install food safety management systems, support the introduction of traceability, and support the introduction of environmental practices and effective waste management.
Primary Purpose and Function
Reporting to Technical Support Lead, the Training Coordinator will work to ensure training activities under this project are informed by best practices, are of high quality, and effective. The Training Coordinator will also support the sustainability of the project’s activities by identifying and building the capacity of local training institutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Coordination of technical support to processors
• Using existing TechnoServe training as a foundation, work with project staff to develop to adapt and develop course content targeted to priority needs in each country
• Build a gender-sensitive approach to both the content and delivery of all trainings
• Supervise roll out and monitoring of trainings, coordinate training schedules with processors and project staff
• Implement quality control systems, providing feedback, learning, and coaching to service providers on both training content and delivery. Ensure incorporation of best practice and learnings from other TechnoServe programs on use of adult learning methodologies and participatory approaches.
• Facilitate pre- and post-training reviews to monitor uptake and implementation of training content, feeding this into a process of constant improvement and upgrade
• As part of the project’s sustainability plan, support identification of local training institutions and training facilitators in each country. In collaboration with the Technical Support Lead, build the capacity of local institutions to eventually deliver the trainings alone. Work with partner local institutions to develop a sustainability model for ongoing training delivery.
• Help the technical support team conduct gap analysis with participating processors to identify the most appropriate topics for standardized foundational training.
• Coordinate the development, delivery, and scheduling of capacity building efforts for participating processors to pass various certification audits.
• Assess feasibility and potentially lead develop a set of standardized trainings on technical fundamentals of cashew processing to be offered to multiple processors in a country at once.
• Support capacity building of project staff to deliver high quality and effective training to processors and partner training institutions
OBTENEZ UNE BOURSE D'ETUDES
Staff Capacity Building
• Using best practice and learning from other TechnoServe projects, and utilizing methodologies such as CREATE and Switch, develop staff capacity in effective delivery of business advisory services.
• Provide additional training and coaching to staff as appropriate.
Leveraging digital tools for remote and blended learning
• Support development of e-learning and online modules from the training curricula.
• Contribute to development of guidelines and best practice to provide effective, remote technical assistance aligned with adult learning best practices.
• Collaborate with internal TechnoServe stakeholders to leverage digital enablement best practices and develop and rollout training via digital and blended learning solutions.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
• Ensure collection of monitoring data of training as agreed with the MEL Manager and Technical Support Lead
• With the MEL Manager, contribute to development of a monitoring system to track adoption and effectiveness
• Compile reports on training events and contribute to lesson learning and constant improvement
Profil du poste
• Bachelor degree in Chemistry or Microbiology
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in application of adult learning methodologies, training of trainers, effective delivery of technical assistance and other capacity development activities or 3 years’ experience post Master’s degree.
• Experience in food processing in Côte d’Ivoire
• Experience training individuals and teams with diverse backgrounds for performance improvement
• Some experience building capacity of cashew sector actors an asset
• Proficiency in spoken and written French and English is required
• Knowledge of local languages is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet demanding deadlines
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Strong interpersonal and team-building skills
• Proficiency in MS Office & presentation skills are required
• Willingness to spend up to 40% of time travelling domestically &/or relocate in Côte d’Ivoire
Dossiers de candidature
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to submit their application online by clicking on the following link:
Deadline for submission: Tuesday 27 July 2021 at 18:00 GMT.
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe's vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply. Deadline for application is 15th July at 18:00 HRS
With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners, and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation and thoroughly vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.
If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact the Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 202 785 4515.